| || :: Highlights and Unique aspects of our project :: |
1)Uniqueness of the Installation
Normally when a murti is installed, a suitable Yantra will be kept in the base over which the swami will be erected and the deity gets empowered when more and more poojas and chanting are done. In Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha Anjaneya Swami Tiruvallur Ashram, Sri Hanuman is standing on a Yantra to which Swamiji has transferred all his spiritual powers accumulated by stringent penance done over several decades as well as the spiritual powers of his Guru Parampara. Hence the deity has been empowered right from the day of Maha Kumbabhishekam and is readily fulfilling the desires of bhakthas when they pray Sri Panchamukha Hanuman with single minded devotion.
Further, Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha Anjaneya Swamy at Tiruvallur Ashram has been installed under Mantra Shastra and not under Agama Shastra.The Moola Mantras of the Panchamukhas - five faces -will be written on the walls facing each Mukha and anybody, without any discrimination on the lines of caste, creed, religion, gender or status can chant for specified number of times for specific number of days, the specific Moola Mantra relevant to the remedy the devotee is seeking, sitting before the appropriate Mukha and the remedy sought will be readily available to such devotee.
2)Uniqueness of Sri Panchamukha Hanuman
The Panchamukha Hanuman of Tiruvallur who is going to benefact the vast humanity should be a towering personality and hence Swamiji decided on a Viswaroopa murti of 40 feet height. The five faces are described hereunder.
- The face towards the East is Sri Hanuman Mukha in its original form. This face removes all blemishes of sin and confers purity of mind.
- Sri Karala Ugravira Narasimha Swami, facing the South, removes fear of enemies and confers victory.
- The face facing the west is that of Lord Sri Mahavira Garuda and this face drives away evil spells, black magic influences etc., and removes all poisonous effects in one's body.
- Sri Lakshmi Varaha murthi facing the North wards off the troubles caused by bad influences of the planets and confers all prosperity-Ashta Aishwarya.
- The Urdhva Mukha Facing upwards of Sri Hayagriva Swami confers knowledge, victory, good wife and progeny.
So, there is nothing in the world which does not come under any the influence of any of the five faces. Inspite of rapid strides in technological advancement, there is a growing insecurity for the average human being both physical and emotional. The solution is definitely outside the realm of our perception. The ever merciful Viswaroopa Panchmukha Anjaneya Swami promises this very security to all devotees.
3)Importance of the Ashram Site
The Tiruvallur District of the State of Tamilnadu in South India where the Ashram is being established has its own significance. When the project was conceived in the year 1993, many offers of land and resources came from different places. But Swamiji could not obtain Divine approval for such places. When Periakuppam village was offered as a site for the Ashram, such Divine approval was readily available, though the significance of the place was not known at that time.
Subsequently it became apparent from a study of the ancient scrolls that this site has placed in the legends. Lord Hanuman, while carrying the Sanjeeva Parvatha to Sri Lanka, stopped here for a while to see Sage Agasthya performing poojas to a Siva linga. This place was called Rudra vanam at that time and was abode of Sages and Siddha Purushas.As per the "scrolls", the Siva linga worshipped by Sage Agasthya will surface as the appropriate time. Tiruvallur, which lies in the Chennai-Thiruthani-Thirupathi route,45 kilometers from Chennai, is already well known for the Divya Desam - Sri Vaidya Veeraraghava swami temple coming under the management of Ahobila Mutt.
4) This is one of the tallest murtis of Lord Hanuman in the world, to be sculpted out of a monolithic green granite stone measuring 36 x 20 x 10 and weighing around 220 tonnes. the sculpted murti weighs 150 tonnes.
5) It was found out that the swami stone has an unusually high specific gravity implying that the swami stone’s age runs into many, many thousands of years. This is corroborated by the experience of the sthapathis who had to use large number of diamond cutting wheels while sculpturing.
6) Among the many instances, which brought out the divinity of the swami stone, two can be mentioned:
When the swami stone was located in 1993 at a quarry in Hassan, it was a gigantic monolithic stone and weighed approximately 700 tons. Herculean efforts were required to move this stone from its place. When such efforts were in progress, Gurudev had a vision of a massive monkey running down from a mountain. Next day the news from Hassan was that the swami stone had slide down from the mountain top, on account of incessant rain for a few days.
The gigantic swami stone was transported from Hassan, Karnataka, covering a distance of 610 kms, placed on a 120 tyred trailer and pulled by 2 massive prime-movers. The transportation from Hassan to the outskirts of Tiruvallur took only 22 days, crossing many bridges and ghat sections. A Truly amazing feat!
The swami stone reached the outskirts of Tiruvallur during dakshinayanam. The swami stone chose to reach the ashram site on a more auspicious period and the day of entry into the ashram was a glorious day on account of the under mentioned aspects:
It was in auspicious uttarayanam period.
It was in the waxing phase of the moon – sukhla paksha (valar pirai)
The yogam on that day was 100% siddha yogam.
It was subha-muhurta day.
The time of entry was Guru hora.
It was somavara pradoksha day.
Sri Hanuman, whose creation was caused by Lord Shiva, entered the ashram site on Somavara pradoksham, a day of extreme significance for Shiva pooja.
7) The circling of Garuda on the day of Mahapradhistai on 6-June-2004 is yet another proof for the divinity of the ashram.
The above features make the installation of Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha Anjaneya Swami at Tiruvallur Ashram, a unique and exceptional venture in the whole world.